We all have important things to get done, but far too often, at the end of the day we realize that we haven’t accomplished what we set out to do. The main problem is that we end up doing things that don’t help us meet our goals.
The #1 solution to actually get stuff done? Focus on the most important things, and then stay on task. Of course, that is much easier said than done.
Inc. recently published a great article with 11 productivity tricks that will help you stay on task and crush that massive to-do list.
1. Edit down your to-do list to three/four of the most important things you need to do.
2. Redesign your list – write each task on a sticky note or page flag.
3. Give yourself less time (pomodoro timing).
4. Get rid of the dead weight – stop saying “yes” to everything!
5. Entrust others – delegate so you can focus on the work that is most important for you.
6. Trust that your self to take breaks – your productivity will return to full-throttle once you give yourself a little time.
7. Borrow some productivity boosters of the famous – do your research!
8. Keep experiencing and learning = more knowledge to pull from.
9. Get the ball rolling, one minute at a time – set a timer for 5 minutes.
10. Crank up the heater for more productivity, so you are putting your energy toward being productive and not staying warm.
11. Stop the interruptions – close your email, ban your social media, turn off those beeps and pings on your smartphone that tell you you’ve got another message, and get productive!
For more information on each productivity trick, check out the full post on Inc.’s website here.