Review: Pad&Quill Contega Case for iPad 2
I was in the market for a new iPad case and a friend suggested the Pad&Quill Contega Case for iPad 2. So I decided to check it out.
Previously I was using a Green iPad 2 Smart cover and two screen protectors on the front and back of my iPad. This worked well but I really wanted more protection with a sleek design.
- The Contega iPad 2 Case is framed in rugged, but light weight Baltic Birch that is lacquer finished and bound in subtle, yet durable bonded Italian leather. It offers full protection to the front, back, and sides of the iPad 2. I have the red model; it also comes in blue or green.
- There are multiple ways to stand the case up which is great for watching movies, checking your email, or playing games.
- This case also features the iPad 2 Smart Cover technology for automatic sleep/wake when the case is opened or closed.
- You also have easy access to all your ports and buttons for the iPad 2, as well as a “hidden pocket behind the case to store notes or documents.
- This case is unique in that it has a lacquer finished Baltic birch wood surrounding the iPad in a bumper system.
- The Contega Case is one of the cleanest looking cases I have seen for the iPad 2. Right away you can see that all the materials used in the case are very high quality and will last a long time. The leather is very soft but on the inside it has a very hard lining so if dropped, your iPadwould be well protected.
- This case would easily beat my iPad 2 Smart Cover stand-wise. You can have 3 positions or (because the lining is very sticky) you can stand it up any way you would like so it would be comfortable for what you need. Also, the stand goes far enough back so that you can use the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard without taking up more room.
- Many cases that were designed for the original iPad as well as the iPad 2 were too loose, causing the iPad to slip or more around inside the case. The Contega Case dimensions provide a snug fit, yet easy removal with a simple, but classy, grosgrain ribbon “Bookmark”.
- There is a hidden pocket sleeve in the case but if you have something stored there you cannot take a picture or shoot a video without having to remove it.
- At first comparison, the case is a bit on the pricey side at retail price of $89.99 but given the excellent quality it is worth it for the high-end consumer.
I have gone from low expectations (because I did not know the brand name) to being truly impressed with this case. The Contega Case is my favorite iPad 2 case so far. Great quality, protection, and I love the pocket for keeping papers and notes.
The case is a little expensive but for the quality of all the materials in this case makes it worth the while for everyone who wants a professional, high end, and classy iPad 2 Case.
You can read more details and purchase the Contega Case for iPad 2 here.